Friday 30 January 2015

Feeling blessed.

This week has been a bit strange, though not strange in a bad way, but a positively good one.  Over the course of 4 days this week, I have made contact with 5 people that I hardly ever see or speak, by phone, in person and by Skype.

The farthest one away being Atlanta, Georgia, US of A, and the nearest lives 1/2 a mile away!  3 of these five, have been very old school friends since I was "yeh" high, whom I had totally lost contact with or hadn't seen for years.

It's been a thrilling week because of that, I am feeling quite blessed to have these people back in my life, after a such a long absence.  They are people that meant a lot to me when I was younger; before I picked up sticks and left in my 20s, a time when we all fled the coup.

For a long time, I have come to realise that your old friends, will always be the best friends.  Simply because we grew together, we developed our individual foundations together; we knew each other from our base roots, a time and place that is forever imprinted on our minds.  A time and a place, we still subconsciously think back to and revisit, more times than we care to realise, in our lives.  And when we do meet up on these close, but absent friends, with whom we can pick up the pieces again, as if though time has passed.

It has been such an uplifting feeling, that it was enough for me to put my pain issues to one side, and just enjoy those precious moments.   I have definitely smiled in my heart this week!  Sx


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to leave a comment, any feedback is welcome.